Monthly Archives: November 2010
- ARRIVE WITHIN THE HOUR 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK
- ALL CARS SAFELY DRAINED, WITHOUT AFFECTING WARRANTYS,INCLUDING BRAND NEW & PRESTIGE CARS
- FULLY LICENSED BY ENVIROMENT AGENCY
- FULLY INSURED
- WE GUARANTEE TO HAVE YOUR CAR RUNNING AGAIN – EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN DRIVEN ON THE WRONG FUEL
- JOBS TAKE 30 MINUTES ON AVERIDGE AND WE CAN PROVIDE FRESH DIESEL AT PUMP PRICES
- FRIENDLY PROMPT SERVICE – WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
- NO MESS, NO FUSS AND NO TAKING YOUR CAR TO BITS, OUR FUEL DRAINING EQUIPTMENT IS RECOMMENDED & APPROVED BY ALL MAJOR MANUFACTURERS
- DON’T BELIEVE THE SCARE STORYS, 99% OF CARS THAT WE ATTEND SUFFER NO LASTING DAMAGE – AND YOU WON’T NEED A NEW ENGINE!
Attended a Shogun Misfuel in South London, it had been driven on petrol (3.5 diesel) for a very short distance, and hadent started playing up yet, the owner luckily lived right next to the petrol station – so didnt have to do the “wait of shame” at the pump.
Shoguns are unusual for 4×4′s because they don’t have sender pumps in the tank, they work off of lift pumps from the engine (mechanical fuel pump that takes its drive off the fan belt) – I think the lift pump is a far better set up to an electric sender pump, fora few reasons, it saves weight, takes less power to run, and regulates its speed thru the turning of the engine directly and mechanical, which is far simpler than a sender unit picking up a signal of the engines speed making a quick calculation and then regulating the power flow to an electric pump to control its speed, which is not very energy efficient, the trade off however is that the fuel lines that feeds the engine from the tank have to be 50% bigger than electric fed lines – to accommodate the slower flow of fuel, anyway, the car was drained in 20 minutes and after a top up ran fine, to the mans credit he had just traded in a petrol shogun for a diesel, which is among the better excuses!